I got my Revelate Tangle Bagfrom Eric a couple of months ago and it has been strapped to my Schlick Northpaw FatBike ever since!
The quality of construction of the Tangle is great and the materials are top-notch. The Dimension Polyant fabric is waterproof and the zippers are water resistant so the stuff in the bag stays dry.
My Mountain version has 275 cubic inches of storage with the right zipper opening the main compartment where I always have a spare Surly Toob for the FatBike and a good-sized tool kit plus there is a bunch of room left that I use for various times for carrying a camera, a snack, a cable lock and whatever else the day’s ride. In the full-length left pocket I store a Topeak Mountain Morph pump.
The Tangle is one of Revelate’s adjustable, non-custom, rectangular-shaped frame bags but they also do full custom bags for virtually any variety of bike frames.
There are two sizes of the Tangle bag one tailored to mountain and cross bike geometry, and the other for touring and road bike geometry or any bike with a longer head tube. The main compartment features an exit port for a hydration tube or battery wire.
- Mountain Tangle – 17″-21″ Hardtail mountain bikes & cross bikes
Top Length 19.5″, Height 4.5″
- Touring Tangle – 55cm- 60cm road & touring bikes
Top Length 21″, height 6″
- Weight: 9 oz
- Bag Volume: Mountain – 275 cubic inches – Touring – 350 cubic inches
- Color: Black
- Dimension Polyant Xpac 400 Denier Fabric
- Beefy construction – all attachment points bartacked, reinforced top velcro flaps
- White interior so you can see your stuff
- #8 YKK water resistant main compartment zipper
- Left side flat pocket w/ #5 water resistant zipper
- Adjustable webbing attachments with low profile cam lock buckles with strap keepers
- Hydration tube / battery wire port near the front of bag