This is Dave Pramann’s Pug. An original 2005 Surly Pugsley that was built by famous FatBike designer John Evingson. As you can see below it has quite a pedigree!
- FatBike Record Holder bike for Arrowhead…15hrs:47min
- FatBike Record Holder bike for Ragnarok…7:02 w/aero bars
- Fatbike Record Holder bike for Chequamegon 40…2:37
- Fatbike Record Holder bike for Cable Classic…2:17
- Finisher in the Iditarod Trail Invitational 2010
- Original participant in DeathRiders Lake Superior “Mantrip”
Dave’s setup varies with the ride but here are some notes.
- Drivetrain is a 1X9 with a 32T chainring and an 11X34 rear or a 12X36 for snow use.
- Tires are Kevlar Big Fat Larry’s in the winter and a Larry/HuskerDu combo in the summer with Nates getting the call in soft conditions.
- Brakes are a Rear BB7 and a Front Canti!
- Dave says he has always been afraid to weigh it but maybe about 30lbs.