The action documentary “Cold Rolled” will be released in five weekly installments beginning Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013 (Global Fatbike Day).
Total length of the film is approximately 20 minutes, however Cold Rolled has been developed as a series of 3-5 minute webisode chapters that will be released weekly, on Saturdays, throughout December and early January. The full film will be available after all chapters have been released.
Cold Rolled will explore the history of winter cycling in the adventure-loving Lake Superior harbor town of Marquette, Michigan. Marquette’s Noquemanon Trails Network, the NTN, has developed special snow grooming equipment and techniques in order to launch the NTN Snow Bike Route—a 15-mile winter singletrack trail for fatbikes featuring flowy terrain, bermed turns and fast descents. The NTN’s SBR is believed to be the first of its kind—but more importantly, it’s really fun.
Scenes from the film include dynamic time lapse nature cinematography, fast paced trail riding, exploratory adventure riding along the frozen shore of the world’s largest lake–as well as vintage footage of ice and snow BMX tracks.
TEASER – vimeo.com/clearcoldcinema/coldrolled
These approximately 4-minute long chapters will be live by 8 a.m. EST on the following dates:
- Saturday, Dec. 7—Chapter 1: Intro/Dead River Ride – Vimeo.com/clearcoldcinema/coldrolled1
- Saturday, Dec. 14—Chapter 2: A Thirty-Year Winter – Vimeo.com/clearcoldcinema/coldrolled2
- Saturday, Dec. 21—Chapter 3: The Lake Superior Session – Vimeo.com/clearcoldcinema/coldrolled3
- Saturday, Dec. 28—Chapter 4: MindSparks-Birth of the SBR – Vimeo.com/clearcoldcinema/coldrolled4
- Saturday, Jan. 4—Chapter 5: The SBR Shred Session – Vimeo.com/clearcoldcinema/coldrolled5
- Saturday, Jan. 11—Full film available – Vimeo.com/clearcoldcinema/coldrolledfull