With the introduction today of the Rockshox Bluto fat-bike front suspension fork, word comes from Vancover, BC bike company Rocky Mountain that their North shore tested 2015 Blizzard fat-bike will bow this fall with a design spec optimized to take advantage of the new breed of suspension forks made specifically for fat-bikes.
Suspension corrected with a 68.5d head tube angle and a shorter than fat-bike norm top tube length, Rocky Mountain describes the Blizzard as an “agile trail bike” with “legendary Rocky Mountain ride quality on snow, sand, and anything else you get yourself into.”
Rocky Mountain goes on the describe how their Ride Tuned Concept or RTC™ philosophy went into the Blizzard design.
Designing a frame to clear the maximum tire width, while still maintaining the legendary playful geometry that Rocky Mountain is known for, is no easy task. Engineering specifically around a suspension fork meant creating an axle to crown height that optimized the additional length, while achieving a headtube angle aggressively marked at 68.5°. Keeping tradition at hand, our signature FORM™ aluminum was passed down from the Vertex – ensuring a lightweight construction while maximizing the widest 4.7” tire possible. The overall goal was simple; create a true “mountain bike” feeling Fat-Bike in order to maximize fun in soft trail conditions. By maintaining a shorterthan-average top tube, we are able to make this goal a reality.
- Rocky Mountain FORM™ aluminum frame in 4 sizes, 6061 SL Series Hydroformed Alloy. 100mm BB. 12x197mm Axle. Zero Stack Tapered Headtube. Internal Cable Routing. Reverb Stealth Compatible.
- Vee Rubber Bulldozer Folding 4.7” tires
- SUNringlé Mulefüt 80mm Tubeless Compatible Rims
- Frame Bag (sold separately) designed specifically for the Blizzard by Porcelain Rocket, Strapless system helps keep all your gear safe and dry with water resistant fabric and waterproof zippers. Main compartment allows for jacket or food, with expandable pocket for tools and other needed items
- Rock Shox Bluto RL 100mm suspension fork with 15x150mm thru axle
- 2 x Anything Cage™ mounts + extra bosses allowing additional custom frame bag options.
- Custom designed Race Face 24T narrow wide single ring, featuring drive-side offset for optimal shifting performance while maximizing climbing ability
- Custom designed Race Face bashguard mounted to outboard, provides ultimate protection while allowing for easy 2x conversions – expanding versatility
- Front derailleur mount allows for rider conversion (optional)
- Sealed bearing Wheeltech Fatso hubs with rear 6-pawl heavy duty freehub system
- Shimano XT/SLX derailleurs and shirters
- Internally routed full length housing
- Stealth compatible
- Bike: $2,699.99 USD
- Frame/Susp. Fork/Hubs: $1,399.99 USD
- Bag: $149.99 USD (sold separately)
- Bike: $2,849.99 CAD
- Frame/Susp. Fork/Hubs: $1,599.99 CAD
- Bag: $149.99 CAD (sold separately)
We will keep you posted as more details become available.