Weekly Dose of Fat for SATURDAY – June 14th, 2014 – Show #8
The sponsor of today’s radio show is the ubiquitous Surly Bikes. http://surlybikes.com
Positive vibrations to long time amigo Ricky DeLayos. He’s waiting for the final tests to come back to see if he has Lyme Disease.
Welcome to show #8! We’ve got one hell of a show for you boys and girls!
Sven and I are joined in the studio – by our amigo, Colin!
- S – We’ve have Eric Sovern as our special guest this week
- G – He’s so dreammy
- S – Sov will be sharing all the secrets of one of his fat-bikes with us
- G – I wonder which fatty he’ll choose to bring to the table
- S – We’ll bring you all into the test kitchen and share a fat bowl of what’s cook’n
- G – We’re bringing back some links to share with our readers
- C – and this week, I brought the beer, so stand back!
What’s in the fat-bike radio cooler this week? Lakefront IPA – http://www.lakefrontbrewery.com
Check out 1 Up USA for the best car rack solutions – www.1upusa.com
Special Guest Eric Sovern from Surly talks about Decorah, Dirt Burger and Ice Cream Trucks.
Texas Pete Hot Sauce – http://texaspete.com
Test Link Kitchen
Check out the new Battle Axe Fatbike from the folks at Soma Fabrications.
Telephone Interview with Wade Whitmire about thee 4th rendition of the Ocean Shores Gathering by clicking the event link in the show notes.
Ventana is working on a Fat Tandem and a Ventana Mountain Bikes Dual Suspension fatty that hasn’t quite made it out of his head and onto drawings quite yet.
Jim Degracia at Jade Cycles and he told me that He’s in production with a full Carbon Fat-bike frame and fork that will sell under his Whisper cycles brand. He’s currently making a batch of 17 and 19 inch frames that should be on shore in time for this winter. Jim said the 19” frame should weigh about 1200 grams. – http://jadecycles.com/index.php
If you’d like to make a guest appearance on the Weekly Dose of Fat, contact email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do.
Thanks to our sponsor – Surly Bikes!
Thanks again to our Special Guest, Eric Sovern and be sure to tune in next week, when we welcome Bill Fleming from 9:Zero:7 to the radio program.
This weeks contest was guessing the weight of Gomez’ 3 dogs, the winner is Joseph DiBernardo with a guess of 319 lbs .
- S – A Surly Knard Tire
- G – A Borealis Fat Bikes Shot Glass
- S – A HED Cycling Bottle Opener
- G – A Fat-Bike Limited Edition FUGLY Embroidered Cycling Cap –
- S – A Fat-Bike Black Ops Patch and a New Holland Brewing Pint glass
- G – and some industrial strenth – groovy vibes
All Joseph has to do is contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send out your bonus prize package!