Weekly Dose of Fat – 10-31-14 – Show #28
Welcome to the show – joining Sven and Gomez in the studio today is….Superfly JK Livin!
Our show is sponsored by Surly Bikes. Get a Surly Bike and ride it however you want. Learn more about Liberty and bicycles at http://surlybikes.com
On this week’s show
- Scott Chambers from the Great Lakes Fat Bike Race Series is here to tell us about this year’s lineup of the best races in the upper midwest.
- We got some fat tandem news
- We drink beer prescribed to us by our new beer shaman – Julio dot com
Julio sent us his first beer prescription. This week’s beer selection is Surly Brewing Company’s Furious.
Surly Furious – American IPA. 100 IBU. 6.2 % ABV. Beer Advocate rating of 96 with over (4300+ ratings).
Where can you find the best beer selection on the Illinois Wisconsin DMZ?
Interview with Scott Chambers from Great Lakes Fat-bike Series.
Weekly Dose of Internet Fat
Ventana Fat Tandem – Yes, the new fat tandem is finally becoming a reality.
- El Gran Jefe will be available by the end of November.
- Frames will come with Rohloff cable stops.
- Stock frame has 170mm rear, MSRP $1695
- Fat tandem with 12x177mm dropouts and DT Swiss thru axle bolt, MSRP$1795
- Fat tandem with 190mm rear spacing, MSRP $1995
- Stock colors: Grinch Green or Mango Tango.
List of the top fat-bike ultras
Fat-Bike Eighteen Wheeler from 1986!
More people discover fat-biking
Wild winds on the coast.
Aaron Teasdale’s gear for a coastal AK fat-bike trip
From the Salsa Blog, Learning at The Fat Pursuit
Fat is better
Thanks again to Surly for sponsoring the radio portion of today’s broadcast. Check it out at http://surlybikes.com
That’s what we have for this week! See you next time.