NEW SRAM X-SYNC™ DIRECT MOUNT CHAIN RINGS
A DIRECT MOUNT UPGRADE WITH A RANGE OF GEAR OPTIONS FOR EVERY STYLE OF RIDING: 26T – 40T
Make SRAM 1x™ even better with the simplicity of the new SRAM X-SYNC™ Direct Mount chain ring. Engineered in Germany, the new Direct Mount rings bring lighter weight and greater simplicity to XX1, X01 and X1-1400 cranksets. SRAM’s Direct Mount rings give riders the perfect opportunity for a serious upgrade.
After market cranksets ship with a 32T X-SYNC™ Direct Mount chain ring.
- X1 1400 compatible
FEATURES / BENEFITS
- Fully CNC AL rings
- X-SYNC™ technology
- Lighter weight than spider version (~25-50g depending on size)
- Sizes: 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40
- Weights: GXP – 61g (26T), 66g (28T), 68g (30T), 71g (32T), 76g (34T), 91g (36T), 101g (38T), 119g (40T).
BB30 – 52g (26T), 58g (28T), 61g (30T), 66g (32T), 71g (34T), 82g (36T), 94g (38T), 106g (40T).
Available December: 30, 32, 34
Available April: 26, 28, 36, 38, 40
- SRAM X-SYNC™ 1x™ chain rings provide the highest level of performance and durability in the market
- The SRAM X-SYNC™ tall square teeth edges engage the chain earlier than traditional triangle shaped teeth
- The sharp and narrow tooth profile, as well as rounded chamfer edges, help manage a deflected chain
- To provide the best possible performance in muddy conditions, the X-SYNC™ chain rings have been designed with mud-clearing recesses for the inner chain links and rollers
- Engineered in Germany, X-SYNC™ rings are an integral part of the SRAM 1x™ Accept no imitation.
X-SYNC™ DIRECT MOUNT CHAIN RING – 30-, 32-, 34-TOOTH OPTIONS
USD ($) = 99
EU (€) = 88
What we need for fat bikes is a 22/30 crankset (22/30/40 would be better) to go with 10 speeds 11-36 cassette. 22/30 x 10 would offer ~12 to 13 speeds and 22/30/40 or 42 ~ 14 to 15. The 1 x 11 set-up is expensive and doesn’t offer enough range. If you have the appropriate ratios on the low speed gearing you end up with limited top speed and the opposite is also true. If you try something in the middle, many times you will run out of leg strenght to deal with the situations requiring high wheel torque (top speed issues will be easier to live with)