Weekly Dose of Fat – Show Number 50 – Friday, April 3rd, 2015
Sven and Gomez are joined by J.K. Livin in the studio.
Ride a Surly – and express your individualism. You can choose your personal cycling canvas at http://surlybikes.com.
On the show this week
- Beards are a thinnin’ plus we’ve got beer and chocolate
- Special Guest Tim Krueger talks Taipei
- We announce the IceBeard winners
- Weekly dose of fat – Beach Rides!
- Links from every corner of the globe
- Call-ins welcome at 818-918-2453
Beard & Beer Segment
Courtesy of our pal Uncle Dick, we’ve got Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Cherry Stout from their Brewer’s Reserve, Barrel-Aged Collection
The Bourbon Barrel Cherry Stout is an American Double Imperial Stout with a 10% ABV and gets a Very Good 85 BA score
This week’s Beards and Beer segment was sponsored by Uncle Dick and his trusty Bead Slip.
Interview with Tim Krueger
Weekly Dose of Internet Fat
- 3rd place goes to Jeff from up AK way. Jeff works at Beaver Sports and will be getting a Vibe Cycles Flask and Flask holder for his ride.
- 2nd place goes to Jordan. (Also from Alaska!) Not only because he had a killer IceBeard but because he was sportin’ a Drunk Cyclist jersey! Jordan’s prize package includes a pair of Surly Marge Lite Rims in Limited Edition Bronze Anodized coloration!
- Our Grand Champion, and 1st place winner, is Robert S. Our Grand Prize Winner is going to get a bunch of cool fat-biking stuff including Two Surly Nate 3.8 Ultralight tires plus a Surly T-Shirt and a stylin’ Surly Hip-Flask.
The RADIO PROMO Contest!
- 1st Place – Framed Alaskan Carbon Frame & Fork
- 2nd Place – Two Framed Minnesota Folding Bead Tires
- 3rd Place – a crappy set of steak knives
How do I enter, you ask?
Just call our studio line and leave your radio promo in a recording. Be sure to include your name, email and phone number, so we can contact you if you win. You can also record a radio promo and send us an mp3 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll accept entries up till midnight on June 30th, 2015 and the winners will be announced right here on the Weekly Dose of Fat Radio Show
You may be wondering – What’s a Radio Promo?
We broadcast them on every show. They’re short recorded messages that remind people of what they’re listening to….write your own clever radio promo for the Weekly Dose of Fat with Sven and Gomez. or say something clever about Fat-bike Radio. Do a celebrity imitation, or just burp the whole thing. Get creative!
Black Dragon Wash Fatpacking Adventure
Death Rider makes some big ol’ cages for his Surly
Man, there is a lot of beach at low tide over there in Scotland!
Dogs, Bikes and the North Wind
Still muddy in Minnesota (just like here!)
Cane Creek makes Pogo Sticks?
Short notice overnighter
What do we think of bloggers that are still pondering this little Jem
Pack a PBJ and go for a ride
Battle on the Beach Report
Thanks again to Surly for sponsoring the radio portion of today’s broadcast.