Straight from the Quiring Cycles Skunk Works we have the very first photos taken of Scott Quiring’s new Triple B (BIG-BAD-BIKE) fat-bike frame. Quiring specifically developed the new frame around the Vee Tire 2XL – 26 x 5.05 fat bike tire. The new 2XL is both wider and taller than any other fat-bike tire, previously available. Our man on the scene, up there in Manistee, Ken Blakey-Shell, wrote a story about the new 2XL and has been riding the new monster bike tire on the front of his Quiring fat tandem. Both Scott and Ken had good things to say about the new Vee 2XL, when we talked recently.
Scott designed and machined a new chainstay yoke and a monster sized head tube for clearance and stiffness. The headtube can accommodate a Cane Creek Angleset to adjust from trail to snow & sand geometry. This is Scott’s first complete prototype frame and after some real world testing, Quiring will be making the Triple B available in 3 stock sizes. It’s just a little too early for Scott to commit to when the new frame and fork will be available, but here are some of the details about the new Triple D.
TRIPLE B FRAME AND FORK DETAILS:
- 26” x 5.1 and 100mm rim sizes specific, for the softest of trail conditions and maximum traction and float on the face of this Earth.
- Lightweight 7005-T6 butted aluminum alloy frame. Fork is made from lightweight 4130 steel True Temper tubing.
- Curved seattube to allow for shorter chainstays, which results in improved rear tire traction and a more playful bike.
- Proprietary CNC machined from billet chainstay yoke for stiffness and maximum tire clearance.
- One-by drivetrain set-up specific allowing you to leave behind the extra clutter of a front derailleur.
- Proven fatbike geometry based on years of manufacturing fatbike experience and testing them.
- 100% machined, TIG welded, and painted in the U.S.A. by Scott Quiring and crew at Quiring Cycles, LLC World Headquarters located in Free Soil, Michigan, U.S.A., which has a history of building high-end frames for almost two decades.
- Standard finish is durable Cerakote ** Ceramic Mil-Tec paint coating resists the elements and chipping. Stock color is graphite black with silver logo. Custom paint upgrade available at extra cost.
- Stock Frame Price: $1175, Stock Fork Price $295.
- Available in three stock sizes: Medium, Large, and XL.
- Complete build kits available upon request.
Quiring is offering Cerakote (Gun-coating) as the standard finish on the Triple B. I have owned a fat-bike that was gun-coated and can personally attest to how tough it is. My red Pugsley was gun coated and held up to a ton of abuse!
One of the first people that will get to ride a Triple B (after Scott) is our staff columnist, Ken Blakey Shell, so you can look forward to reading more about this new breed of super flotation fat-bikes, right here at the world’s number one source for fat-bike news, reviews, interviews and fun – www.fat-bike.com!
You can check out more photos and information about the new Triple B at – www.quiringcycles.net