Weekly Dose of Fat – Show Number 80 – Friday, November 13th, 2015
Our special guest this week is Erik Noren from Peacock Groove to talk about his new 24” fat-bike company, Cake Bicycles. Sven and Gomez, along with JK Livin and in-studio guest Evan Larsson, bring you this week’s show. Beware!
Fat-Bike Radio, and The Weekly Dose of Fat, is sponsored by the courtious individuals at Surly Bikes, Surly designs and produces versatile bikes, frames and parts for people that ride. Bikes, Parts, Chaos! Learn more at http://surlybikes.com
On the show this week
- We Start the show with the Event of the Week
- We welcome Mr. Erik Noren of Peacock Groove to talk about his newest bike venture – Cake Bicycles!
- We award the first caller that tells us the secret word a fabulous prize package from Surly Bikes
- We take calls from our listeners and maybe, if we’re lucky, learn something about Winter Preparedness
- We dazzle all 13 of your senses with the pure organic effervescence of the Fatty Farm Field Report presented to you today, by Moots Cycles.
Fat-Bike Event of the week!
California State Fat Bike Championships on Saturday, Dec. 12th, 2015 at Rim Nordic Bike Park near Running Springs, California in the San Bernardino Mountains. Click the link for all of the details and get signed up! http://rimnordic.com/fat-bike-race-calif-state-championships-12-12-15
Special Guest – Erik Noren from Peacock Groove and Cake Bicycles
For more information about Peacock Groove – http://www.peacockgroove.com
Next week’s call-in question is…Tell us about your first time on a fatty!
Call in next week Wednesday from 8-9 CST to 818-918-2453 and let’s discuss live!!
Fatty Farm Field Report
This week’s Fatty Farm Field Report is presented by Moots. Check out the new Moots Frosthammer at moots.com.
The Secret word from last week was Gordon Lightfoot and our winner is Lauren from Colorado! Congratulations, Lauren! Your Surly and stuff prize package will be in the way shortly!
What are we going to make it this week? Let’s use our porn names and then next week during the show we’ll tell you which one of our porn names will get you a prize!
A 4th Regional Fat-bike Summit has been added at in conjunction with the Inaugural Chugach Fat Bike Bash and Gravity Worlds, Valdez. AK. The complete list is as follows:
- Crested Butte Regional Fat Bike Summit Friday, January 28, in conjunction with the Fat Bike Worlds, Crested Butte, CO, Saturday, January 29 and Sunday, January. 30.
- Fat Bike Summit of the North Friday, February 19, Marquette, MI, includes 906 Polar Roll Fat Bike race on Saturday, February 20, and shuttle rides Sunday, February 21.
- Ogden Regional Fat Bike Summit Friday, February 26 in conjunction with USA Cycling Fat Bike Nationals at Powder Mountain in Ogden, UT, Saturday, February 27.
- Chugach Fat Bike Summit Friday, March 18 in conjunction with the Inaugural Chugach Fat Bike Bash and Gravity Worlds, Valdez. AK, Saturday and Sunday, March 18 – 20
Healing vibe update! Steve Fuller – Our Deer struck amigo that broke 7 ribs, his collarbone and punctured his lung from a collision with a big buck, all of the tubes have been removed and Steve is recovering at home now. Steve if you’re listening out there, we want to make a toast to your complete and speedy recovery.
There is a new fat bike race series in southeast Wisconsin called the Hugh Jass Fat Bike Series with at least 7 races already posted to our online fat-bike race calendar.
Global Fat Bike Day Toys for Tots Contest update and contest recap.
Another Top Ten List from click-bait dot com – My home trails get an Honorable mention
Australian Fat-bike called Stout
If you ever had doubts about why newspapers are and should go out of business, read the Boston Globe’s Story about this new trend of riding bikes on snow.
Walt thinks Surly needs defending?
Fatbike vacationing in Anchorage
Pie Burner Long Route scouting
Plus Bike Links
Thanks again to Surly for sponsoring the radio portion of today’s broadcast. Surly makes Bikes and Parts that don’t suck! Learn more at surlybikes.com.
Join us next week when the question of the week is…Tell us about your first time on a fatty!
You can call in and pimp your local fat-bike race and invite all of our listener to come out and join in the fun!
Call 818-918-2453 any time, day or night, and leave us a message