Mike sent in this shot of a Specialized Fatboy just hanging around!
Weekly Dose of Fat – Show Number 92 – Friday, February 5th 2016
This week, Sven and JK welcome back Uncle Gomez from his travels afar and we welcome Robbie Squire, the newly crowned Fat-bike World Champion as well as call-in guests with event info and more!
Fat-Bike Radio, and The Weekly Dose of Fat, is sponsored by Surly Bikes – Learn more at http://surlybikes.com
On the show this week?
- We Start the show with the Event of the Week
- We welcome the newly crowned, butt not branded – Fat-Bike World Champion, Sir Robert Squire
- We welcome listeners from to answer the question: How do you keep your hands warm while fat-biking in the cold?
- We check in with the Fatty Farm Field Report brought to by The Winter RUSH Fat-Bike Series, The Michigan State Fat-Bike Championships and the 2017 USA Cycling – Fat-Bike National Championships
- Special Segment, we speak with representatives from Revolution Cycles about their Women’s fat-bike demo with Surly
The Fat-Bike Event of the week! Gnarbourg – Race#4 of the Winter Rush Fatbike Series. – http://winterrush.com
Nate Phelps calls in from Grand Rapids
Cheers! – A bit of beverage talk
SPECIAL GUEST – Fat Bike World Champion – Rob Squire!
Fatty Farm Field Report
- This week’s Fatty Farm Field Report is presented by ….The Winter RUSH Fat-Bike Series.
- Winter Rush is the home of The Michigan State Fat-Bike Championships and will be your hosts of the 2017 USA Cycling Fat-Bike National Championships.
- For more information click the winter rush banner or visit – http://winterrush.com/
The weather be messin’ with events! Frosty Hog in Cudahy, WI that was scheduled for this coming weekend has been canceled due to lack of snow.
Arrowhead 135 went off last week. Jay and Tracey Petervary was the winners.
The Fat-bike Birkie is now officially full and registration closed on Tuesday
Scott Chapin from CAMBA talks about the 50+ miles of groomed trails in Northern Wisconsin as well as party plans after the Fat-bike Birkie.
What Burns 1500 calories per hour?
Steve Cannon Shares his Arrowhead 135 Experience
- Part 1 – http://expandyourpossible.blogspot.com/2016/01/arrowhead-135-and-gift-of-broken-pedal.html
- Part 2 – http://expandyourpossible.blogspot.com/2016/01/arrowhead-135-and-gift-of-broken-pedal_30.html
- Part 3 – http://expandyourpossible.blogspot.com/2016/01/arrowhead-135-and-gift-of-broken-pedal_31.html
Christopher Tassava’s Arrowhead 135 Report
Olov rides the Ice Roads of Swedish Lapland
Race Updates from Danielle Musto
How’s this for backyard grooming?
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/fatbikedotcom/
Plus Bike Links
Bruce checks out some storm damage via bike
Special Segment – Amber from Revolution Cycles in Madison gonna talk to us about the Women’s Fat-Bike Demo with Surly Bikes.
And then there’s an after party and a fat-bike race aka the U.S. Fat-Bike Criterium National Championships
- Women’s fat bike Demo – https://www.facebook.com/events/1173238356038019/
- She Shreds Madison – https://www.facebook.com/SheShredsMadison/
- Bell Joy Ride Madison – https://www.facebook.com/Bell-Joy-Ride-Madison-WI-1665126010431061/
- USFBCNC – http://www.winter-fest.com/site_pages/Festival-Info/Events/Fat-Bike-Race
- CORPS – http://www.madcitydirt.com
Thanks again to Surly for sponsoring the radio portion of today’s broadcast. Surly Bikes are sold at better bicycle retailers across the galaxy – Learn more at http://surlybikes.com.
We invite event promoters to call in and pimp your local fat-bike race! Call 818-918-2453 any time, day or night, and leave us a message
Keep Fat Bikes Fun!