The Occasional Dose of Fat – Show Number 105 – Friday, July 1st, 2016
On the show this week Richard Palmer, The Carbon Doctor talks carbon frame repair and we take call-ins to discuss fat-bike forks.
Filling in for JK Livin this week is our Music Director Mr. Chris Daisy from Zion Cyclery.
The Weekly Dose of Fat is brought to you by the Surly Ride Pants at – http://surlybikes.com
On the show this week:
- We start off the show with the event of the week SUMMERFEST?
- We welcome special guest Richard Palmer (the Carbon Doctor)
- We check in with the Fatty Farm Field Report brought to you by Quiring Cycles the Quiring triple B is the fattest ride on two wheels featuring the new generation of 5.05 inch tires. Visit Quiring cycles dot net to see the next level of bicycle exploration http://www.quiringcycles.net/
- We’ll take calls from our listeners to talk about fat-bike forks and possibly knives
- And in this evening’s special segment we introduce a new series called Gnome-Proof Gear
SPECIAL GUEST – Richard Palmer –
Fatty Farm Field Report
DS – The Fatty Farm Field Report is brought to by Quiring Cycles the Quiring triple B is the fattest ride on two wheels featuring the new generation of 5.05 inch tires. Visit Quiring cycles dot net to see the next level of bicycle exploration http://www.quiringcycles.net/
We talk about fat-bike forks.
Our tire weight page has been updated (Gracias Ricky-D) – Send us your tire data (like Ricky did) and we’ll add it to the list.
Krampug Update 2 from Bruce
Scottish Coast Riding with the CoastKid
Exploring Southern Utah on Blackborows
Look for new Fat Bike Trails in Robe, South Australia
Plus Bike Links
Floyd Landis has Started a weed biz in Leadville Colorado
SPECIAL SEGMENT – Gnome-Proof Gear
We have a new series about gear that we use and abuse and that we’d buy over and again. This is the good stuff…..like the good housekeeping seal for fat-bike gear – we award the best stuff the Gnome-Proof Gear Seal of Approval (GPG/SOP).
Our show this evening has been brought to you by the Bikes, Parts & Chaos of Surly Bikes – Learn more about life, liberty and the pursuit of two wheeled happiness at http://surlybikes.com
Call 818-918-2453 any time, day or night, and leave us a message.
If you aren’t Subscribed to our email newsletter and announcement list then you may not know that we’ve got a new t-shirt design in the shop! Our Astronaut on a Moonlander is now available. We even have a color close to NASA Blue! Check it out at – http://shop.fat-bike.com
- 7/1 WDoF – 105
- 7/8 Open
- 7/15 Open
- 7/22 Fat Camp 15
- 7/29 WDoF -106
- 8/5 WDoF -107
- 8/12 Open
- 8/19 WDoF -108
- 8/26 Fat Camp 16
- 9/2 – WDoF – 109
- 9/9 Open
- 9/16 – WDoF 110 – Interbike Preview
- 9/21 – 9/23 WDoF Live from Interbike?
- 9/28 – Fat Camp 17