Hinton is a town in west-central Alberta, Canada and they’re hosting the first annual Hinton Growler Fat Bike Endurance Race is presented by the Hinton Mountain Bike Association. It is a family friendly event that is held during Hinton’s Winter Magic Festival.
THREE ADULT CATEGORIES (AGES 13+, MIXED) :
- Growler (Expert Class): 3 hours to complete as many laps as you can*
- Howler (Intermediate Class): 1.5 hours to complete as many laps as you can*
- Pint (Novice Class): 1.5 hours to complete as many laps as you can*
*Complete as many laps as you can within your respective category’s time limit. Laps not completed before the time limit will not count.
ONE KID CATEGORY (AGES 12 AND UNDER):
- Root Beer: 1 lap on a shorter course
- Date & Time: February 26, 2017 from 10:30am to 4:30pm
- Location: Maxwell Lake ( Hinton,AB)
- Race course will be on groomed trails.
- This is a fatbike only event. Tires must be 3″ wide or more and studs are permitted.
- Kids (12 and under) can ride regular bikes in the Root Beer category.
- $20 for HMBA members – register online before February 7th
- $25 for non-members – register online before February 7th
- Kids (ages 12 and under) – free! – kids register in person on day of event before 11:30am
Click on the race flyer to go to the event page.
The Event Calendar made by Fat-Bikers for other Fat-Bikers
Our Event Schedule is 100% home grown. Every possibility on our event schedule was hugged onto the interwebs by the folks running these super fun good times! Check out the event schedule for, not just, races, but demos, festivals, rallies, derbies, group activities, and expo’s that cater to the fat-bike lifestyle. Just click right HERE.
If you’re planning an event, we invite you to Register your Race. Festival, Demo or Group Ride on the Fat-Bike.com Event Calendar then email us a race flyer and we’ll feature your event. Don’t forget to include a link to your event’s web-page so we can share it in a post like this one, or a link in our Weekly Dose of Fat news digest. Email your race flyer or just say howdy to uncle email@example.com.