Happy Winter to everyone in the Northern Hemisphere! I am especially happy this year because I have the pleasure of reviewing the 2018 Kona Wozo. This bike checks all the boxes on my holiday wish list, with an aggressive trail bike geometry, a solid spec, and some beefy Maxxis Minions.
Here is what Kona has to share about the Wozo and a short spec list:
Whoever said fat bikes weren’t for trail riding obviously hasn’t ridden a Wozo. With a RockShox Bluto suspension fork, a SRAM 11-speed drivetrain, Maxxis Minion FBF and FBR tires, and geometry inspired by our legendary Honzo hardtails, the Wozo is far from your average fat bike.
- Frame Material: Kona Fat 7005 Aluminum Butted
- Wheel Size: 26
- Wheels: Sun Ringle MuleFut
- Front Suspension: 100mm
- Fork: RockShox Bluto RL Solo Air 100mm Tapered
- Crankset: RaceFace Aeffect SL
- Drivetrain: SRAM GX 11spd
- Cockpit: Kona XC/BC 35 bar and stem, Kona Key Grip
- Brakes: SRAM Level T
- Front Tire: Maxxis FBF EXO TR 3C 26×4.8″
- Rear Tire: Maxxis FBR EXO TR 3C 26×4.0″
- Saddle: WTB Volt Comp
DISCLAIMER: Tamales do not come standard on the 2018 Kona Wozo.
I look forward to riding this bike for some of the best time of a Wisconsin Winter. I’m very curious and excited to compare this bike to its non-fat counterpart, the Honzo, which I have hanging in my garage for the winter. I’m hoping that it lives up to its name and is happy on aggressive trails and maybe even some jumps. 🙂
For more information about the Kona Wozo, please visit: http://konaworld.com/wozo.cfm
Cheers and Happy Trails!