What do you get when you cross a Wolftooth with a Red Monkey? Apparently, you get a new line of silicone grips that come in three different thicknesses and a myriad of tasty colors! Check out the new release from our amigos at Wolftooth Components!
Minneapolis, Minn., June 17, 2019–An expanded grip lineup has been added to the Wolf Tooth bicycle components and accessories offering, as the company announces the acquisition of the RedMonkey Sports grip product line. Five new silicone foam grips in multiple colors are available initially, with further expansion planned to include additional grips and grip accessories in coming months. After extensive product testing and development, these new extruded silicone foam grips have added durability and a soft, tacky feel for extra comfort and control.
Here’s what the new Wolf Tooth grip product lineup looks like:
- Razer Grip: 5mm foam wall thickness, available in 10 colors, light weight, ideal for riders who enjoy sensitive bike handling, $18.95 per set
- Karv Grip: 6.5mm foam wall thickness, available in 10 colors, thicker foam makes it perfect for long rides, $19.95 per set
- Karv Cam Grip: 6.5mm foam wall thickness, available in two colors, two cams carved along grip allow you to choose an ergonomic position that best supports your hand position and riding style, $21.50 per set
- Fat Paw Grip: 9.5mm foam wall thickness is the thickest silicone foam grip on the market, available in 10 colors, ideal for riders with large or gloved hands, $24.95 per set
- Fat Paw Cam Grip: 9.5mm foam wall thickness, available in two colors, two cams carved along grip allows you to choose an ergonomic position that best supports your hand position and riding style, $24.95 per set
The partnership between Wolf Tooth and RedMonkey Sports began two years ago when Wolf Tooth Fat Paw grips were first released. Grip production will remain in California with the original manufacturer, while packaging and fulfillment will move to Wolf Tooth in Minnesota. This will allow Wolf Tooth to continue its record of reliable, responsive, quick fulfillment. All non-grip Red Monkey products are unaffected by this product expansion.
“The acquisition of the grip product line is a natural progression of the collaborative relationship we’ve developed with RedMonkey Sports,” said Brendan Moore, Vice President of Wolf Tooth. “The proprietary silicone material and process developed by RedMonkey Sports is superior to any other grips we’ve tested and researched. This allows us to expand our bike shop offering and reach more customers across many cycling disciplines.”
“RedMonkey Sports is proud to have worked diligently over the last seven years to develop a proprietary extrusion process and deliver a truly unique silicone-based grip to the market,” said Michael Nasco of RedMonkey Sports. “We are proud to have Wolf Tooth continue to advance that product line through their brand, as the Wolf Tooth name is synonymous with quality and design. This acquisition will allow RedMonkey Sports to concentrate on development and innovation efforts with new and current product lines.”
Current Wolftooth Components dealers have access to these new grips now. New products will be offered wherever Wolf Tooth is sold. Expansion of this new product line is already in the works. Expect more grip-related news from Wolf Tooth in the near future.
We’ll be testing a set of two of these new grips and we’ll file a full review as soon as we can get some trail time in on them!
For more information about Wolftooth Components visit – wolftoothcomponents.com