Do you like to play bikes? Really? So do we! And so do a couple of our Amigos – Zion Cyclery and Hugh Jass! With this much fat-bike horsepower there’s bound to be sixteen gnome tons of certified fat-bike fun.
The Fatter by the Lake Weekend Retreat Sponsored by Surly Bikes is the fourth event in our Funduro Series and this time, we’ve teamed up with the folks from the Hugh Jass Race Series for a weekend of fat-bike fun that takes place along the shores of Lake Michigan at the Illinois Beach Hotel. If you saw our coverage of the Grand Funduro Beach Ride & Ball and thought to yourself. “I should go to the next one of these shindigs!” Then please consider this is your engraved invitation!
Fatter By The Lake – Wake and Bake Schedule
- 6pm-10pm Winter Fat-Bike Festival pre-party – Illinois Beach Hotel. Free beer brah. Rock & Roll and a bit of a show featuring a number of your favorite Fat-Bike Radio fast talkers and groovy dancers!
- 9am-1pm Hugh Jass Race #3 – Illinois Beach State Park Campground
- 1-4pm Post-race party and award ceremony – Illinois Beach Hotel w/ food & Beer and maybe even foot rubs for the winners
- 2-4pm Specialized Demo on the Hugh Jass race track
- 4pm Social Hour – Illinois Beach Hotel – Meet K-Pop Superstar and Fat-Bike Philanthropist Mr. Hugh Jass!
- 6pm Night Cruise to Harbor Brewery
- 11am Taco Brunch Ride and Fabulous Bike Sale – Zion Cyclery. Free tacos brothers & sistahs!
- Ride some more…we’re not gonna judge.
We’ve worked out a special room rate at the Illinois Beach Hotel. Just call 847- 625-7300 and ask for the Fat-Bike room rate when you make your room reservations.
Register for the Hugh Jass Race – http://hughjass.bike/races/race3
Facebook Event Page – https://www.facebook.com/events/2408398819482100/