Show #85 – Sven, JK and Tony celebrate JK’s 200th show. We figure 115 Weekly Dose of Fat shows and 85 Full Spectrum shows, give or take! Tony got the great news that he’s a foster dad! Plus, we talk bikes at some point!
- JKs 200th (First Weekly Dose of Fat August 1, 2014!?)
- Indian Summer is now called??? Whatever it is we have it!
- Out on the motorbike on these beautiful days. It felt neglected because I have more than 10 times the miles on my bicycles!
- Wyatt 4-6 weeks on frames 8-plus on completes because parts availability is grim.
- Toboggan tires are in 1400 ish grams. Sorry, locals only
- Beady tubes are hefty 640 vs 529?? But you can get them
- The Schlick Shark is coming back, as an eBike!
- Digging the Grin All-axle hub
Show Beer – Pearl St Shitty Lyte
From Pearl Street:
Shitty Lyte Beer is the answer to “Got anything light?”
For 18 years our Brewmaster has always answered this question with, “We don’t make shitty light beer”. And we never did. Then someone said that we couldn’t do it. Well that was a challenge, and when it comes to beer, we love challenges.
How did we take the traditional American Light Mega-Lager and make it better? Easy. We made it fresher. For starters, we use fresh local ingredients. Unlike the others, this isn’t pasteurized either. This allows the pure clean flavor to shine through. We use a single strain of clean lager yeast and cold ferment it. Good water helps too, and La Crosse has some of the best water in the best beer state in the country.
- Craft American Lager
- 4.2% ABV
- 5 IBUs
- 112 Calories
- 8 Carbs
Hidden Gems –
- Tony is officially a Foster Dad!
- Nick Offerman’s Ten Hour “Yule Log” – Watch Nick drink whiskey in front of a fire for 10-hours! You will be mesmerized! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_StgHl92v5Q&feature=youtu.be
Shit Worth Doin’
- 12/5/20 – Santa Rampage Day – Milwaukee and Rochester and probably others
- Santa Rampage Milwaukee Survey
- Check out Chris Daisy’s Poster Design – https://fat-bike.com/2020/09/global-fat-bike-day-2020/
- 12/5/20 – Global Fatbike Day
Bikes we have (or coming!)
- Electric Sharks!
- Surly Wednesday fat-bikes in the new All-Natural Grape color!
- Limited numbers, reserve early!
- Teesdale Road Frame and Fork – 56cm – Currently bare frame ready for paint or powder
- Roll C:1 British Racing Green – Large
- Roll A:1 Step Thru Gulf Porsche Blue – Small
- A bunch of Schlick Growler (Zen Bicycle Fabrications AR 45) frames for custom builds
- 29+ Schlick Cycles frames for custom builds
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org