We know that a ton of our readers will be headed up to Cable for the Fat-Bike Birkie and we want to wish each and every one of you kids the very best day in the saddle ever! The Gravel and Mud season is starting with something inspirational that caught my imagination and spurred me into action. The Mud South is going to take place as a socially distanced ‘in-person’ event in Stillwater, Oklahoma on Saturday March 13th. The good folks that run the Mid South also offered an invitation to all-takers to put together a route and host a virtual gravel event called the Mid South Grass Routes. They partnered with shops all over the US. You can check out the incredibly socially distanced Mid South at the links below.
- Mid South Website – https://www.midsouthgravel.com/
- Mid South Grass Routes – https://www.midsouthgravel.com/grassroutes
- MS Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/midsouthgravel
The folks at the Wheel & Sprocket in Delafield, WI put together a challenging route right in our back yard here in south-central Wisconsin. It goes up and over Lapham Peak and then out west on the Glacial Drumlin Trail to the Rock River with quaint towns like Sullivan, Lake Mills, and London, along the way, where you might enjoy a hot bowl of homemade chili. I’ll be working the halfway checkpoint along with my dog Cowboy. It’s an out and back route, so you can pull the plug at any point and head back to the shop. There are rumors of a taco truck and cold beer waiting at the finish. It’s a self-supported event so come ready for anything! #likebikefun
- Wheel & Sprocket Rides the Mid South – https://www.wheelandsprocket.com/articles/the-mid-south-gravel-ride-pg624.htm
- Event Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/events/2507851146189658/