Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Weekly Dose of Fat – Show Number 74 – Friday, October 2nd, 2015 -Special Guest David Ochs from Crested Butte talks about the Fat-bike Worlds!
It’s studio time with Sven and Gomez plus JK lIvin’
Fat-Bike Radio, and The Weekly Dose of Fat, is sponsored by the new Surly My Other Brother Darryl tubeless ready rims. Learn more about bikes and bliss at http://surlybikes.com
On today’s show?
- We welcome this week’s special guest, david ochs (Pronounced OX), the director du sportif of the fat-bike world championships in crested butte colorado
- We will take calls from our listeners to answer this week’s question… For winter rides do you prefer rigid or suspension?
- We’ve got Fat and Plus Bike news in the Fatty Farm Field Report
- We’ve got good news for women that work at the old – local bike shop
- And, we may even have some links to share!
SPECIAL GUEST Dave Ochs
Next week’s call-in question is…Ask Sven & Gomez ANYTHING! Call in next week Wednesday from 8-9 CDST to 818-918-2453 and let’s discuss.
Fatty Farm Field Report
This week’s Fatty Farm Field Report is sponsored by Uncle Dick’s Bead Slip check them out at http://uncledicksbikeshop.com.
PSA – There is a huge Q/R recall including skewers from Shimano. While specific models are not listed here over 1.5 million bikes from 17 different brands are affected going back to 1998. Not even sure if any fat-bikes are involved, but we all ride other bikes at times and this is an easy check!
Recall poster and test
We revisit last week’s question and talk about the results! What was your favorite fat-bike item from coverage of this year’s interbike extravaganza.
9:Zero:7 launched their new Bike and Rims at Chain Reaction Cycles up in Anchorage and we have Will Ross on the phone to tell us all about it!
Maxxis Minion Tires – Proto vs Production and why all the hedging.
Here’s some great news for women in the cycling industry. QBP along with SRAM, RockShox, Park Tool, Surly and United Bicycle Institute (UBI),are offering 16 scholarships for an all-women’s class of Professional Repair and Shop Operations at UBI. Interested parties can apply at qbp.com/womensscholarship.
We should send some healing vibes to our pack leader Chris Zito. Zito hyperextended his knee while doing some trail building for his urban jungle cyclocross race over there in the industrial wastelands of Milwaukee.
Fat-bike summits are going regional.
- Crested Butte Regional Fat Bike Summit Friday, January 28, in conjunction with the Fat Bike Worlds, Crested Butte, CO, Saturday, January 29 and Sunday, January. 30.
- Fat Bike Summit of the North Friday, February 19, Marquette, MI, includes 906 Polar Roll Fat Bike race on Saturday, February 20, and shuttle rides Sunday, February 21.
- Ogden Regional Fat Bike Summit Friday, February 26 in conjunction with USA Cycling Fat Bike Nationals at Powder Mountain in Ogden, UT, Saturday, February 27.
Twin Six just got their shipment of the Standard Fat coming in this week, so they should have a full size run in stock.
Bruce is back on the coast!
BBR Test Pilot and Euro Bureau Bro – Jeff Price HYDROplaned and then COMplained about bruised (hopefully not broken) ribs – Crash Video with two camera angles!
Olov takes a break and goes fat-biking.
Our buds at Cycles Monkey introduce complete builds on their special edition, Rohloff equipped Ventana El Gordo.
Bikes, fat-bikes and fun in the Northwoods with Salsa
Plus Bikes Links
29+ ECR love from The Coastkid
Thanks again to Surly for sponsoring the radio portion of today’s broadcast.
Be sure to stop by the fat-bike.com gift shop on our facebook page and buy yerself sumpthin pretty.
Join us next week where the question of the week is … Ask Sven and Gomez ANYTHING! Call 818-918-2453 any time, day or night, and leave Sven and Gomez a message!
No comments yet.