Weekly Dose of Fat – Show Number 96 – Friday, March 4th 2016
Sven, Gomez and J.K. welcome the Men’s and Women’s Great Lakes Fat-bike Series Points Leaders Matt Acker and April Morgan!
The Weekly Dose of Fat is brought to you by Surly. Learn more at http://surlybikes.com
On the show this week
- We Start the show with the Event of the Week
- We check in with the Fatty Farm Field Report brought to you today by Quiring Cycles. Scott Quiring is an award winning frame maker that hand crafts 29+ — Fat and the new Triple B (Monster Fat) designed to run up to 5.6″ tires for thee max-flotation, exploration platform. Visit http://www.quiringcycles.net
- We welcome both the men’s and women’s points leaders in the great lakes Fat Bike Race series – April Morgan and Matt Acker
- We’ll talk about our Spring Shearing Contest and Drink Shots of Pickle Juice
- We’ll reveal who’ll be taking over our Instagram feed this weekend
Cheers! – A bit of beverage talk
Special Guest – Matt Acker
Special Guest – April Morgan
Fatty Farm Field Report
This week’s Fatty Farm Field Report is presented by Quiring Cycles. Scott Quiring is an award winning frame builder who hand crafts Fat bikes designed to run up to 5.6″ tires for the max-flotation exploration platform. http://www.quiringcycles.net/
Spring Shearing of the Beards Contest Intro – Beards will be sheared down to 1/4/” with the shearing weighed and the The person to guess closest to the weight to the 1/10th of a gram wins everything in the prize package below.
A set of SKS Germany Fat-Board Fenders, An XL Sweaty Yeti T-Shirt, A 906 Polar Roll Pom Hat (for closers), A Bontrager Pom Hat, Deh-kulls and a sample of Electrolite rich – PICKLE JUICE!
We shared, so they shared and then we share this link from France. Le Fat Bike, what for
Tim Berntson wins the ITI 350
Fur Rondy in Anchorage
ITI News from the trail
Toni Lund’s 2016 Rovaniemi 150
Mid-week ride on the coast. Lots of pix!
Just when you thought bells had reached the pinnacle of their coolness
Sven is doing this weekend’s Instagram Takeover and follow us on Instagram – just click on the link in them there show notes https://www.instagram.com/fatbikedotcom/
Our show this evening has been brought to you by Surly Bikes – Learn more at http://surlybikes.com
Call 818-918-2453 any time, day or night, and leave us a message