South Shore Cyclery in Milwaukee is a putting on another Frosty Hog in 2017 as a fundraiser to benefit the Cudahy Community Education and Recreation Department in Southeast Wisconsin. The race is held in Milwaukee’s Sheridan Park on the bluffs above Lake Michigan. Awesome views, spectator friendly, short track fat-bike racing at it’s best!
Race Information & Rules
- The race will be held at Sheridan Park and Pavilion located at 4800 S. Lake Drive, Cudahy, WI.
- There will be parking and bathrooms available on the property.
- Race check in and onsite registration is from 10 to 11 a.m.
- Relay Race starts at 11:30 a.m.
- Entry fee of $25 includes food, beverage, and prizes for top finishers
- Limited edition Frosty Hog winter beanie for registered Riders while supplies last.
Who will bring home the bacon? Prizes include:
- Endura Laser Gilet
- Endura transmission base layers
- Endura merino wool base layer
- Giant swag
- Pig spinner
- 12 pack Hamms “premium”
- Miscellaneous local meats
- Local gift certificates/vendor prizes
- Bragging rights until next year’s hog race!
Day of registration 10 to 11 a.m. Cash only and be sure to come up with an awesome team name!
If you do not yet have a team, but wish to participate please feel free to use this event page to connect with others who might need you! You may also come day of and we will try to match you with a team if possible. Additionally, if you have a team but want more members (because that’s fun!), you can try to connect day of!
Fat bikes are available for rental from South Shore Cyclery and can be reserved by contacting the shop at 414-831-0211 or in person by visiting 4758 S Packard Ave, Cudahy, WI 53110. A limited amount are available, so don’t delay!
- Use as many or as few bikes as you wish. Regardless, EACH bike MUST have a number plate clearly visible on handlebars for scoring.
- At the end of each lap the rider must dismount and either hand off the bike or tap the hand of the next rider.
- Rider is responsible for making sure their lap is counted by yelling out their number as they pass through the transition area.
- The top finishers will be determined by the number of laps completed in a 2 hour time period.
- Helmets are required.
- Follow visible course markings. Absolutely no riding in undesignated race course area.
- Tires must be at least 3” wide and no e-bikes.
- In the event of a tie winner will be determined by derby.
Link to Sheridan Park Map http://county.milwaukee.gov/ImageLibrary/Groups/cntyParks/maps/Sheridan1.pdf
If you are interested in being involved, but not in riding please contact South Shore Cyclery for more details. Our volunteers are an important part of the success of this race!
Event Sponsors Include:
- South Shore Cyclery
- Old German Beer Hall
- The Gift Shoppe on Packard Avenue