The Weekly Dose of Fat Global Fat-Bike Day Holiday Special – Show Number 115 – Saturday, December 3rd 2016
Felices Dia de las Bicis Gordas Internacional to all of our amigos from around the world! We’ve been working on putting something special together for Global Fat Bike Day, so we traveled up to Minneapolis to record this week’s show at the Freewheel Winter Bike Expo. We somehow managed to put together an all-star line up of guests for the Holiday Special together. Joining us on today’s show are Jake from Freewheel, who, in the midst of preparing for the expo, took some time to talk to us. Our second guest is Mr. Eric Sovern from Surly Bikes, who premiers Surly’s newest Fat-Bike in a fat-bike.com exclusive. Alex Applegate bats third in our all-star lineup with a parade of new Tires, Wheels, Apparel and Lights from Bontrager and then Andy from HED Cycling talks about their new carbon and alloy – fat and plus sized rim choices that now cover the 27.5″ platform. So buckle up and get ready for some Global Fat-Bike Day radness!
Our Global Fat-Bike Holiday Special is Sponsored by Surly Bikes. This week’s Weekly Dose is brought to you by the Surly 8 and 24 pack racks. Because a bike with a rack can carry almost anything – within reason. Learn more about bikes, beer and reason at – http://surlybikes.com
On the Show This Week
- We’re on location at the WinterBike Expo where we’ll be talking with Freewheel General Manager, Jake Helmbrecht, about what people can look forward to this weekend at their Midtowne Greenway location.
- Sov from Surly has a HUGE announcement about Surly’s NEW BIKE!
- Alex Applegate from Bontrager talks about what keeps him going through the dark lonely winter
- We check in with the Fatty Farm Field Report brought to by Becker Sewing and Design where we talk about our latest contest
- And in our Special Segment we talk to our amigo Andy from HED Cycling about rims and wheels
The Fat Bike Event of the Week this week is The Freewheel Winter Bike Expo going on this weekend in Minneapolis!
First Guest – Jake Helmbrecht From Freewheel Bike
We take a break!
Second Guest – Eric Sovern From Surly
- Introducing the Surly Big Fat Dummy
- Pug and Moonlander Specials
- Random Banter
- MSRP Complete – $2950! (Sov corrected the price after the show interview!)
Fatty Farm Field Report
Fat-Bike Action – Contest!
Contest prizes thus far. Expect us to have more!
Send Fat-Bike Action photos and videos to uncle firstname.lastname@example.org and everyone who includes their snail mail address will receive some stickers. We’ll also hold a drawing of all of the folks who send us photos or videos to win an assortment of schwag. Put “Movember” in the subject line of your email and don’t forget to remember to include your address. We’ll award prizes to 3 lucky winners to be chosen at random. We’ll draw the winner on New Year’s Day 2017!
Third Guest – Alex Applegate From Bontrager
Now 3 different 27.5 Fat-bike Tires!
- Hodag – traditional 3.8 fat tire, versatile, fast rolling all season performance
- Barbagazi – 27.5 x 4.5 fast rolling traction in the snowiest conditions
- Gnarwhal – Stud-ready tread for toothy traction in all conditions.
Foray Softshell Jacket
- Ion 800 R
- Ion 100 R
- Flare R
- Fat Bike Tires – http://www.trekbikes.com/us/
en_US/equipment/shop-by- collection/fat-bike-tires/c/ E415/
- Winter Apparel – http://www.trekbikes.com/us/
- Lights – http://www.trekbikes.com/us/
Fourth Guest – Andy Tetmeyer From HED
- 65mm “no big deal”,
- 27.5” (27-plus) 43mm Raptor
- 27.5” x 85mm Big Half Deal
- Summer riding vs winter.
- Alloy Wheels
- 24” discussion
This here show was brought to you by the Bikes, Parts & Chaos of Surly Bikes – Check out the new Surly Big Fat Dummy at better bicycle retail establishments (coming this spring) and on the web at http://surlybikes.com
Call 818-918-2453 any time, day or night, and leave us a message!