Fresh from the Jones Bikes home office – Check out the Press Release below.
Available with big smooth tires for road, touring, city, gravel or with bigger knobby tires for dirt, gravel, city, touring and road riding. – MSRP – $2050.
Ships from Jones Bikes in Southern Oregon. Shipping (with insurance) for this bike in the contiguous United States is a flat rate of $95.
Jones Plus LWB Bicycle Overview
- This is a complete Jones bicycle that is pre-assembled, in a box.
- Jones Plus LWB geometry for a great ride in a wide range of conditions.
- All 4130 chromoly steel frame and fork with butted tubing.
- A great bike for dirt, road, mountains, gravel, city, touring/trekking, bikepacking, commuting, fitness, riding around the world or just around your neighborhood.
- Frame and fork designed to work together (frame set).
- Big and tall 29″ x 2.8″ / 700c x 70mm smooth tread tires or bigger 29″ x 3″ / 700c x 76mm knobby tubeless ready tires on 50mm wide rims allow you to run very low pressure for maximum suppleness, better traction, more flotation and comfort along with lower rolling resistance, less flats and more safety, on road and dirt!
- Wide range SRAM NX Eagle 1×12 drivetrain.
- Powerful and reliable disk brakes.
- Full rack fender and bottle mounting bosses.
- The frame has three water bottle mounting locations, two of which can accommodate triple-boss style. The fork can hold two more bottles for a total of five on the bike.
- Available in semi-matte black or high gloss red with clear coat applied over the decals.
- Big tire clearance.
Jones Plus LWB Complete Bicycle Specs
|Frame||Jones Plus LWB, All 4130 chromoly steel with butted tubing|
|Fork||Jones LWB Unicrown fork; 4130 Chromoly butted and machined steerer tube with butted, tapered and oval legs. Thru axle dropouts with 150mm x 15mm spacing.|
|Front Thru-Axle||Aluminum 15mm Thru-Bolt with captured steel washer. Use 6mm hex wrench. Simple and tough.|
|Rear Thru-Axle||Aluminum 12mm Thru-Bolt with captured steel washer. Use 6mm hex wrench. Simple and tough.|
|Headset||Jones Sealed Cartridge H-Set. Durable and simple with with readily available replaceable cartridge bearings. Excellent tolerances. Quality materials throughout.|
|Seatpost||Jones Spec. straight, forged aluminum alloy, anodized back. 400mm. This is a reliable, easy to adjust seatpost.|
|Seatpost Clamp||Zoom Alloy Quick Release with Brass Bushing. 31.8mm|
|Front Hub||Jones Spec. 150x15mm Thru-Axle hub with Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Canted flanges angle the spokes in toward the spoke holes in the rim, and the wide and even flange spacing makes for an extremely strong and stiff wheel.|
|Rear Hub||Jones Spec. 32 hole, 148x12mm Boost hub with Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Black, Shimano Driver. Like the front hub, this is a simple, durable hub.|
|Rim Tape||Tubeless compatible rim tape|
|Spokes||14 gauge stainless steel, black|
|Spoke Nipples||Chromed brass|
|Rims||Jones Spec. 50mm wide, double wall, eyeleted, 6061-T6 aluminum with bead lock to keeps the tire on the rim even at low pressures. Tubeless ready. Anodized black.|
|Tires||Vee Tire, folding and tubeless ready with 72 TPI:T-Fatty 29×3″ knobby orSpeedster 29×2.8″, the largest 29″ slick tire available, and it has a unique deeply-siped tread, fast and quiet on pavement, while providing traction off road.|
|Tubes||29X3″, Presta valve, Butyl Rubber|
|Stem||Jones Spec. Near-Net Forged aluminum alloy. Super strong and light. 31.8mm clamp, anodized black. Length is 60mm on small, 80mm on medium, and 90mm on large, all with 17 degrees of rise.|
|Stem/Headset Spacers||aluminum, anodized black|
|Handlebar||Jones SG Aluminum Loop H-Bar. 710mm, Black. The straight gauge version of our most popular H-Bars.|
|Grips||Jones H-Grip for 710mm H-Bars with large expanding bar plug to protect the grips and bar, Black|
|Bar Tape||Jones H-Bar Tape on the rear crossbar for the full range of hand positions.|
|Brake set||Cable Actuated, Mechanical Disc|
|Brake Calipers||Tektro MD-M300 with one-piece aluminum body, inside pad adjustment with a very positive indent. Barrel adjuster for cable tension and outside pad adjustment. Automatic pad angle adjustment via floating plates.|
|Rotors/Disks||Tektro 200mm front and 180mm rear, 6 bolt. Bigger disks for more power and better cooling.|
|Brake Levers||Tektro MT 2.1. with adjustable cable position so you can change the leverage, feel and power of the brakes. The pinch bolt is underneath the lever body so the top is smooth for comfortable riding when your hands on the lever clamp. Forged aluminum lever for durability.|
|Brake Cables||Jagwire Elite Ultra-Slick; These highly polished stainless steel cables offer the ultimate in low-friction, smooth performance.|
|Brake Cable Housing||Jagwire Pro Compressionless brake housing – linear strand, Kevlar® reinforced, brake housing with Slick-Lube liner. This is the same great housing we use on all of our bikes that come with mechanical brakes because it gives an extremely smooth and solid feel at the lever with more stopping power.|
|Drivetrain||1X12 SRAM NX Eagle|
|Chainring||SRAM X-Sync 2 Eagle Steel Direct Mount Chainring 30T Boost 3mm Offset with narrow-wide teeth keep the chain on.|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB Bottom Bracket with sealed cartridge external bearings, English threaded.|
|Cassette||SRAM NX Eagle 12 speed, 11-50t|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM NX Eagle with clutch to keep the chain tighter and in place, with less chain slap.|
|Shifter||SRAM NX Eagle trigger.|
|Shift housing||Jagwire 5mm. This delivers responsive, precise shifting. 5mm housing is more durable and has more room for the inner wire to slide smoothly even if contaminated with dirt, compared to standard 4mm shift housing.|
|Chain||SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed|
|Shifter Cable||Jagwire Elite Ultra-Slick, Highly polished stainless steel|
|Chain Stay Protector||Clear plastic decal|
|Saddle||Jones Spec. Black with black steel rails.|
- All 4130 chromoly steel
- Standard 68mm BSA threaded bottom bracket shell (the most common bottom bracket standard)
- Compatible with 1x or 2x “Boost” cranks
- Cable/housing bosses for a front derailleur
- Rack and fender eyelets on and near the rear dropouts
- Full fender bosses on the seat and chainstay bridges
- Rack bosses on upper seatstays
- Standard 148x12mm thru-axle “Boost” rear hub spacing
- Fatbike standard 150x15mm thru-axle front hub spacing
- Triple-boss cage mount underneath the downtube
- One triple-boss cage mount on the top of the down tube near the bottom bracket (use it to for a standard two-bolt bottle cage, or a three-bolt cage)
- One standard two-boss mount closer to the headtube
- Chainstay-mounted I.S. rear disc brake mount for stiffness and ease of mounting fenders and racks
- ED Black-coated Stainless steel water bottle bolts with washers
- Replaceable derailleur hanger
Some Plus LWB Geometry:
- 67.5° head tube angle
- Fork rake/offset is 3″/76mm
- 71° effective seat tube angle.
- Chainstays are 19″/483mm from bb to axle center.
- Small: 45.3″/ 1150mm
- Medium: 46.3″ / 1178mm
- Large: 47.4 / 1205mm
We’re working out the details on a review of the new Jones complete LWB! We’ve got several testers interested in spending some quality time with this one! We’ll let you know when we get our hands on one. Till then – Happy Trails Amigos!