Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Fat Camp Podcast #37!! Ken and Andy (along with special guest Dan) hunker down for some fat-bike talk about all sorts of schtuff. The conversation meanders from dancing for snow to more 27in rim/wheel talk to stud design and install. Embrace the audio journey with a couple dorks as they delve into midwinter fat-bike fun.
- Recent happenings and a KBS rant: 27in quality control, tubes suck
- TPI for dummies
- Become a stud yourself: studding a tire….LIVE from Dan the Man
- Boo, Hiss on Cane Creek…no more AngleSet headsets
- Ken’s 4-inch tire epiphany….the trifecta quiver
- How to test a fat tire on snow…a possible solution?
- And back to Dan (Stud Boy) with the stud installation results
- Stud talk – Production and Design – Custom stud patterns
Email with comments, questions or clean jokes email@example.com or look them up on the Insta @fatcamppodcasters.
Yous guys got the wheels turning in my head about an angleset, but in doing some research it’s looking like my aluminum Fatboy with it’s “campy style” headset is a no-go for these things.. can you confirm? Stock it’s a 70.5* hta, and I ride a pretty aggressive cockpit, so it gets twitchy when the snow is loose. I’d love to calm it down. Thanks guys.
Alas, you are out of luck on using some sort of angleset with that frame:(
FatCamp, on a Monday!?!
BEST MONDAY EVER!!!!
In referring to the problems with 27.5 fat-tire rim/tire standards or lack of and issues with getting bead seat, losing air, etc., how do think the 27.5 x 4 Van Helga would match up with the HED B.H.A.D. Aluminum 27.5 tubeless fat rim?
shoot us an email…..firstname.lastname@example.org
could be a lengthy answer
dane, just realize that if KBS is the one who responds to you, you will read that email in his voice 🙂
Love the show… please do more even if you just talk fat bike, winter stuff. Adventure fat biking talk is always good too.