With summer mountain bike race season in full swing, Leia planned to concentrate on her training and leave the podcasting to Spinner & I for the next couple of shows. We recorded the first segment of this show at a tiny gathering that I decided to call #spacegnomes.
We sat down at a picnic table at the Levis Mound Trail Center where Spinner & I chatted with our amigo Tyler Ubinger about his amazing feats of bicycle strength & endurance. We also cover a variety of meandering conversations about things like El Diablo del Norte and the possibility of gnome life on other planets. That’s about the first 46:00 of the show.
- The Crusher – https://crushergravel.com/225-mile/
- Wausau 24 – https://www.wausau24.com/
- Broken Spoke Bicycle Studio – https://brokenspokebikes.com/
- Bike Non-Stop US – https://www.bikenonstop.com/
- Burning Bike Podcast – https://fat-bike.com/2019/08/the-burning-bike-podcast-bikes-boatgoat/
- Blockhouse Roll MTB Race – https://www.plattevilletrails.org/events
- El Diablo del Norte
- Toyota Tacoma – https://www.toyota.com/
- Tepui Roof-Top Tents – https://tepui.com/collections/tents
- Take your bikes on Amtrak – https://www.amtrak.com/bike-faqs
- Zion Cyclery – https://www.zioncyclery.com/
When we sobered up from #spacegnomes, I remembered that we’d planned for Spinner to do a remote interview with Leia, but that didn’t pan out, so I managed to connect with the Ice Queen on the phone and we talked about the six-year odyssey that led to her win at the 2019 Ore 2 Shore earlier this month.
- Ore to Shore – http://www.oretoshore.com/
- Wahoo Fitness – https://www.wahoofitness.com/
- Chequamegon MTB Festival – https://www.cheqmtb.com/
- Marji Gesick – https://www.facebook.com/marjigesick100/
- Epic Rides – The OZ Trails Off-Road – https://epicrides.com/events/oz-trails-off-road/event-guide/
- The Ice Man Cometh – https://www.iceman.com/