Sarma recently sent us a Carbon Hoboy fat-bike fork to run through the test wringer. We are setting it up on a new build and will have more pix and ride info soon but to keep you in suspense, here are a few glamor shots and specs to help you plan your next build. With 1-1/8″ steerer and 450mm or 465mm axle to crown, the fork is suitable for most fatbikes!
An initial look-see shows us what appears to be a high-quality carbon fork with a matte finish along with a glossy finish on the Sarma/Hoboy logo. The sculpted lines look good and the fork has plenty of clearance for the first tire/rim combo we slapped in which was a Surly Bud on a Rolling Darryl rim.
The Hoboy Features:
- Steerer: 1 1/8″, length 254 mm
- Rake: 45 mm
- Axle to crown: 450mm or 465mm
- Dropout: QR (for 10×1)
- Disk mounts: Post Mount for 160 mm disk (front specific disc spacing)
- Tire Clearance: 26″ x 4.7″ on 100 mm rims
- Weight: 550g (axle to crown 450 mm), 570g (axle to crown 465 mm) our test unit actually came in at 575g before we whacked a bit off the steerer.
- Price: $299.00