Introducing New Cycling Boots from 45 NRTH
Last week, 45 NRTH announced big updates to the Wølfgar boot and the all-new Ragnarök Tall. The goal of these two boots is to deliver functional performance that enhances the riding experience, whether you’re riding through sloppy spring and fall conditions or taking on the worst winter weather imaginable.
Ragnarök Tall is our shoulder-season, mild winter, and commuting boot built for extending your riding season. Ragnarök Tall is packed with features that improve comfort on chilly, wet, and gritty rides:
- Waterproof membrane and 5.75″ tall neoprene ankle cuff (3 .5″ taller than our standard Ragnarök) for blocking moisture and debris
- BOA fit system and floating three-finger overlap for a perfect fit
- Wide boot opening for easy on and off
- Rubber outsole with aggressive tread for traction in mud
Ragnarök Tall will be available at authorized 45NRTH dealers at the end of November (MSRP $245) in sizes from 36–50 (no size 49).
Editor’s Note: We have a set of these boots coming in for testing during the dark sloppy mess that happens every late autumn in the Big Whiskey.
Wølfgar is our extreme winter cycling boot, designed for warmth in temperatures from 10° F (–12° C) to –25° F (–31° C). Wølfgar is a fixture in the world of winter ultras and expeditions, and this year it’s new from the sole up for warmer, drier, and more user-friendly performance in the harshest winter conditions. Here’s a look at what Wølfgar has to offer:
- Waterproof materials and construction for blocking outside moisture
- 600 g Primaloft® insulation, aerogel on top of the toe and under the foot, and reflective thermal lining for warmth retention
- Removable wool and faux-fur liner for easy drying on multi-day trips
- Lightweight three-piece bottom assembly with a stiff, nylon shank in the cleat bed to improve pedaling efficiency and an EVA foam midsole to keep things flexible enough for hike-a-bike
- Removable cleat plate for compatibility with both flat pedals and 2-bolt cleats
- Rubber outsole with anti-slip microglass lugs for traction on ice
- Dual-zone BOA fit system adjusts upper and lower boots separately for a perfect fit
- D-ring on the toe allows for use with gaiters
Wølfgar will be available at authorized 45NRTH dealers at the end of November (MSRP $495) in sizes from 36–50 (no size 49).